Monday, February 3, 2020

Live Naked

Oscar Showcase weekend #1 was a bit underwhelming. Ford v Ferrari was a good film. We enjoyed it more than expected. And I found myself wondering why Christian Bale didn't nab a nomination. Even Timothee Chalmet couldn't save Little Women. It became obvious why Gerwig did not get a nomination. Joker is a decent film, but Joaquin Phoenix will take home the naked man with the sword. Deservedly so. It's a phenomenal performance. 

While we're on the subject of actors.... I think I've found a new respect for Jim Carey. No, I've always thought he was a decent human. I never thought he was a good actor at all; the man can't seem to make it through a film without his character facial mugging to the camera. It worked for The Mask, and maybe Ace Ventura, but it ruined The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Acting aside, he's a great guy, and he does a lot of good things.
But, why the new respect? Because of this weekend's Parade magazine interview with him. Particularly this question: "What's a typical day like in Hawaii?"
His answer: "... I get up at 5 in the morning and I run down and jump naked into the ocean before anybody gets up. I'm a streaker, you know, and I love it! I think everybody should be naked in some way, somewhere in nature. It's a very, very good feeling."






He's right.
Live naked.


As often as you can.

6 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I don't do it as often as I used to. I think it has something to do with the depression.

AOM SoulFood said...

What a fun weekend. New respect for Jim. The more folks hear about the goodness of being naked the better. I wish I had a beach to run naked on each morning. That's one of the big reasons I go camping. I wish you a deeelicious day, my Friend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Xersex said...

I share his point of view

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hahahahaha I’m not naked enough.
Btw, I have not seen any of the Oscar nominees. I heard Little Women was good though. Not even Timothee could save it? Damn.
Could I have the man in the library and the one asking me to be silent? They could make me stay naked for longer Periods of time...

XoXo

whkattk said...

@ sixpence - It's not a BAD film - it just isn't a really good one. None of us is naked enough. We must find a way to remedy that. If you leave me the dude in the library, you can have the one telling us not to tell. :-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

I still have issues with Jim Carrey over vaccines.

On a weirder note, Batman Forever. He's at his Jim Carreyest as the Riddler. But Dick Grayson, age 25, and conflating three villains (well, two villains and Deathstroke the Terminator) into Two-Face and ignoring basic facts about the character (Cheating a coin flip? Really?) ruined the movie.