Friday, June 26, 2020

A State of Mind

Fellow bloggers Mistress Maddie (A Day With Mistress Borghese) and Sixpence Notthewiser (Lo! Imprescindible) both have done such beautiful and informative posts about Pride. As our lovely Maddie points out Pride celebrations did not stop - they were held online!
 Pride is a state of mind. it's an attitude. 


As Sixpence points out, we all got here by virtue of Marsha P. Johnson who started it all at Stonewall. Six has posted a wonderful history - some of which you may not be aware.





I couldn't say it any better than they have. So, I encourage you to go visit them on this final weekend of Pride Month.

7 comments:

AOM SoulFood said...

Great blogs and articles. Thanks for bringing them to our attention. I hope you are doing well and healing up quickly. I wish you all the very best, my Dear Friend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

SickoRicko said...

Great post! Have a grrreat weekend!

Your French Patrick said...

Looks like Trump hasn't uttered new stupidities since yesterday.
Or would it be me who is misinformed?
It seems to me that his statements about the Pride celebrations were as rare as they were ambiguous and never official.
Or would it be me who is misinformed?

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
I hope you and yours are doing well.
Have a great weekend.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Awww

Smooches!

XoXo

uptonking said...

Happy Pride. I do hope people seek out the real history and do not rely on that terribly inaccurate film that came out a few years ago. We owe our drag queen mothers a lot of cred. They took no shit and started a revolution. And, thanks to them, look at where we are today! I can live comfortably in my skin because they put their lives on the line. So, where's their cast iron statue?

Xersex said...

cummed back. Sorry but I can't comment past posts

Anonymous said...

Great post for sure. Happy Pride to all!