Friday, September 11, 2020

Patriot's Day

I know the COVID-19 pandemic, the Black Lives Matter protests, along with all the other craziness surrounding the election that we're hearing about is on everyone's mind. And many of you may be too young to remember it - or weren't even born yet, but today is the 19th Anniversary of the September 11 attack on the United States. Over 3,000 lost lives. It seems miniscule compared to the (approaching) 200,000 deaths from CV-19, doesn't it? One tidbit many may not know: 90 different countries are represented in those 3,000 lives lost in the attack. The number grows with each person and First Responder who dies from illness related to running to - rather than from - the disasters in New York, Pennsylvania, and D.C..

As we Veteran's prefer to say:
"Never forget."
Upton reminds us on his blog that it is National Patriot's day.
So, today, spare a moment to remember what a true Patriot looks like.








You'll find more like those posted by Reader uptonking on Wonderland Burlesque

8 comments:

Your French Patrick said...

I remember precisely where and how I learned of this event the day it happened. I was walking out of my office and I have been overhearing street conversations that prompted me to turn on the TV as soon as I got home. And I didn't leave the screen for hours and hours and hours.

I did not know you yet, but I am sure that that day our hearts were beating in unison.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.

Mistress Maddie said...

HERE HERE PAT!!!!!

And I think it's appalling what and how these brave people are treated these days. They should be treated like hero's that they are.

AOM SoulFood said...

Hey Buddycito! I hope all is well with you and yours. Wishing you a beautiful day and a bonerific weekend! Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Xersex said...

I think everyone remembers what he was doing on September 11 2001

SickoRicko said...

Thank you for the reminder.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

It’s incredible that it was nineteen years ago!
It’s also incredible that the outrage then seems to be totally died out today after almost two hundred thousand people have died in the US from Covid-19. And that many of those deaths could have been avoided if Cheeto wouldn’t have been so worried about the DOW. Ugh.

As for the firefighters, yes, please!
I went by Upton’s and got an eyeful haha.

XoXo

JeanWM said...

Thank you to all who risk their lives for us. Hugs and bisous.

uptonking said...

Very moving post for a very sad day. Thanks for the shout out. Hope you are feeling much better.