Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Pick Up the Pace


 About 30-40 minutes in, we turned off the debate(?). It wasn't really a debate at all. It was, what most agree, a chaotic cluster-fuck.


The first channel we flipped to had a commercial running. A woman in yoga attire, advertising a new "feminine hygiene" product. And we laughed out loud for the longest time, mostly because the final seconds were hysterical comedy. Dressed in skin-tight yoga attire (that's important), the woman stands on her elbows, spreads her legs parallel to the floor, and a voice-over says, "My hoo-ha is filled with joy!" and then a female voice sings like the fat lady in an opera. It made for perfect comedic relief after the chaos.



But, if you've been reading this blog for long, you know me. My brain immediately wanted to see a similar commercial with a man - dressed in the same skin-tight attire with a prominent bulge - saying, "My package is filled with joy!"

Of course, our society is still too timid to acknowledge the male anatomy in such a blatant way. Hell, we can't even have underwear commercials. You know, like the commercials they do for bras. Camera focused on the bulge while the model pushes his hips forward and sways around suggestively saying how comfortably situated everything is in there.









Guys, we need to pick up the pace in dropping the shame and embarrassment.










14 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Being naked is nice, but nothing gets me hotter than a man and his bulge in underwear.

AOM SoulFood said...

Amen Brother! You and I need to write a book together about how things should be to help our culture move into the 21st century. Oh! BTW I have a special peach for you! Woo Hoo! I wish you all the very best, my Dear Friend. Hugs, Licks, and Strokes, AOM

Xersex said...

nice pic

Your French Patrick said...

I did not follow the debate. Here it started at 3 a.m. Pity. And I, who was counting on you to tell me all the details… On TV I heard an interview with a woman supporter of Trump who said he had been perfect in every way. I think everyone left with the ideas they had when they arrived. I deduce that the debate was made for that.
Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Courage and good luke.

William said...

We dropped out of the debate at about the same time that you did. The best description I saw called it "a hot mess, inside a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck". The "only" good that I heard come out of the debate, was that the Biden campaign had the highest 1 hr. fundraising total during the second half of the debate. Bless you and date care.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh the debate was a shot storm. Hero was his petulant, boorish, uneducated self. Uncle Hoe called him a clown.
As for men in underwear, I remember a catalog I used to love, what was it? International Male? It had the BEST crotch shots. I collected it even though the clothes were what I later learned were stripper clothes.

XoXo

uptonking said...

Way ahead of you :P Well, in summer, anyway. Thanks for all the tighty whities. Very hot.

JeanWM said...

Had not noticed but you are right no men's underwear ads. I am determined to watch the debates; but you can see who came prepared and who wasn't. Hugs and bisous,

whkattk said...

@ mistress - Well, Mads, I might have to go buy some underwear!

whkattk said...

@ Six - Yep. International Male. Hey, I bought stuff from them! And, I was a dancer - not a stripper. LOL!! XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Jean - If I listen to TRMS, I should watch the rest all the way through. At least the Debate Commission promises to do something about the "clown." P.S. - Yay! We get to vote in two weeks!

Rad said...

The debate was Uncle Joe babysitting the neighbors petulant toddler for 90 minutes.

...and a quite the boner killer.

Anonymous said...

Double standards all the way when it comes to advertising for men or for women, but then I guess the female underwear adverts are primarily to arouse men and thus encourage sales to women, whereas male underwear adverts would likely not arouse women and thus not encourage sales to men.

With many women now being actively against any male sexual suggestivity, unless it is actively wanted by the woman at that time (see "manspreading"), don't expect to see equivalent male adverts because the female market isn't there.

Anonymous said...

I never really thought about it, but it is so true that we can't even have underwear commercials, or swimwear! I'm thinking the closest thing I can remember in recent years was the commercial for Depend where the men were walking down the street wearing their Depend undergarments. I can remember about 13 years ago or more that there were some amazing mens undies out there. I know because I had several brands. Kind of when my fancy underwear collection started. Nowadays those same brands have almost disappeared. What I see now is new unfamiliar odd names with more gimmicky often ugly designs and unflattering shapes. It's like what happened to all the well designed anatomical underwear that looked and felt good to put on?