Thursday, October 24, 2024

A Testicle Removed

Good morning.

"Firstly I would like to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog.  It is always my first check-in daily.  The amount of knowledge I have gained from you and your readers is invaluable.


Now for my question.  My partner's nephew (27 years old) had to have a testicle removed over the weekend due to a testicular torsion.  Is this by any chance a topic that has been covered before, and if not could you possibly pose this to your knowledgeable readers? We would like to hear from others who have suffered this same situation and how they managed the side-effects (if any).  I would think at a minimum he should get under an endocrinologist's care ASAP to keep an eye on his "T" levels and immediately start supplementing if/when his numbers drop.  As he is very shy I am also concerned that he could start experiencing erection issues whereby he can't keep the "pipes clear" in order to avoid potential prostate issues/cancer and would be too embarrassed to mention this to his doctors.

Any information you or your readers could share would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to edit the above in any way you see fit, and please sign me "A Concerned Uncle"."


First, thank you for being a faithful reader. It's appreciated.


Sorry to hear your nephew had to lose a testicle. Although testicular torsion is extremely painful, I can say losing one due to torsion is better than testicular cancer. I hope his recovery is quick --- at some point he may consider getting an implant to replace the one he lost. His doctor may even ask him if he wants one.





There should be no side effects from this. One testicle should be sufficient to keep his T levels high enough so he doesn't have to worry about problems with erections. Nor should he have to worry about fertility. One testicle will produce more than enough sperm. I had a buddy in the military with one testicle and he had no problem getting hard and fathered two children. As the adage goes, "All it takes is one."



When it comes to normal sexual function, his doctor should address those issues without your nephew having to ask. I mean, it's a common fear --- though not one he should need to worry about.




Readers? Anyone have any experience with only having one testicle?

and don't forget to

No comments: