Wednesday, April 3, 2024

No Cancer

 

Good morning.

I love it when folks bring us follow-up information.

"You may recall that I emailed asking how to clear blood in my ejaculate more quickly following a transperineal biopsy of the prostate, and that the original biopsy was positive for prostate carcinoma with a Gleason score of 3+3=6, but my PSA was high. Thus they wanted to do a repeat biopsy.
 
The repeat biopsy was thankfully done under GA. It came back negative for carcinoma. The blood in my ejaculate took three weeks to clear again at 4 to 5 solo sessions a week.
 
However, the PSA was still high at the 6-week post-surgery mark, but not quite high enough to have a funded PET-scan under the rules in my country. After discussion with my urologist we decided to see if I could push my PSA a little higher so as to qualify. So, after an enjoyable solo session with ass toys knocking on my prostate, I got the blood test done. Exactly the same PSA score!
 
Urologist decided that we could round the number up (it was only 0.2 off the minimum) and he took my case to the appropriate team. The PET-scan provider in my city only does one session a week, so after a three-month wait I had the PET-scan. The results are that there is no avidity anywhere in my body—including the prostate. So, it looks like the biopsy took all the cancer cells. There’s also no prostatic inflammation.
 
The present diagnosis for my PSA levels being high is that I just have a large prostate. The main problem with that is that I sometimes have problems urinating—particularly at night. He doesn’t want to do reduction surgery as that is likely to leave me with permanent retrograde ejaculation. So, I’m on a medication called Tamsulosin to help with urination. It has a side-effect of partial retrograde ejaculation—so I am periodically pausing the medication for a few days to enable a couple of full ejaculations.
 
Thus, I am now on the active surveillance programme ordered by the Urologist (rather than my GP).
"






The best news is that there is no cancer present. Surgical reduction of the prostate can cause a myriad of problems. If you recall (from years past) Lord Patrick (a faithful reader until his death) dealt with them. Loss of solid erections, incontinence.... it's good your doctors have opted out of that. Nice to know there is a work-around for the ejaculation side-effects of the Tamsulosin. Retrograde ejaculation (where the semen is sent backward into the bladder) is nowhere near as satisfying as a normal one.




15 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I'm glad, too, that was no cancer.

Gay Dad in Atlanta said...

I wanted to respond to this. I am also on Tamsulosin. I didn't realize that was causing my occasional "dry orgasms" as I call them. What I have realized is that stimulation that is different from my norm causes me to have more volume. I can us a sleeve as opposed to my hand or use a butt plug while jerking off and that produces more volume almost every time. I haven't seen a urologist yet as my doctor prescribed me this and its worked and my PSA and other numbers are good. I just thought maybe this was worth you knowing my experience.

Your French Patrick said...

If I understood correctly, which I am not at all sure of, the informations communicated by your reader are rather satisfactory, and in this case I am delighted for him.

Bravo for your selection of photos.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings Jean and Pat.
Be happy always.

Hummel said...

I had surgery for an enlarged prostate last year and cannot now ejaculate.
You are right, it doesn't feel the same.
However previous to the surgery I had a urinary catheter for 9 months, which was uncomfortable at best and painful at times, especially when it was changed. I can now pee properly and seldom need to go at night.
I believe that laser surgery is better, I had surgery under the NHS in England which suffers from chronic under funding and didn't get very good care.
Have you ever done a post on retrograde ejaculation?

Thanks for the brilliant blog.

Rad said...

I had a similar issue; trace blood in my urine. I was referred to a Urologist who used that (fucking, Mid-evil, archaic) bladder scope (HURT like FUCKING HELL while he was inspecting my bladder and hurt for several days following!). The net - no issues with the bladder. My PCP at that time just told me that some people have that problem. Current PCP just runs a urinalysis check at every physical; and at some point in the last 15 years, it cleared up.

fullmoonma said...

Your long reader comment reminded me of my elevated PSA test about 20 years ago, and generated a serious of rectal exams, biopsies, etc from a great urologist. He kept finding wonky cells, but no cancer, and eventually he discontinued his testing, saying that they usually didn't lead to cancer. As it happens, I proved to be an outlier and did develop prostate cancer 4 years ago that was zapped away by cyber knife radiation and my follow-up PSA tests stay very low. Eventually I went back to my erotic journal and determined that my original high PSA test followed an evening of sex where my prostate must have taken quite a battering!

Mistress Maddie said...

Some good news today!!!!! It must be a relief for the reader.

uptonking said...

They've made so many advances, and we are all well aware of all the problems our prostate can cause... let's hope we never have to deal with this. Kizzes.

whkattk said...

@ Hummel - I have. If you click on the label "retrograde ejaculation" at the bottom of this post, it will bring them up.
The older posts state that there is no cure. But there are treatments now.

Big Dude said...

I wish our brother well. I have been blessed to, this far in my life, be spared this problem. I wish anyone who faces them all the best. And I like the accompanying pictures, too. That cumshot is magnificent

Big Dude said...

I wish our brother well. I have been blessed to, this far in my life, be spared this problem. I wish anyone who faces them all the best. And I like the accompanying pictures, too. That cumshot is magnificent

Jean said...

Not only good feedback from that reader, but lots of good feedback in the comment section, which means there are probably a lot of people who are reading all of that and learning something. Thanks Pat. Hugs and bisous.

Anonymous said...

I don’t know whether this will be available where you are, but you should look into a procedure called Aquablation. It’s relatively new, but it is now covered by Medicare and many private insurers in the US. Basically a water jet is introduced into the urethra to dissolve some of the prostate where it occludes the urethra. The water jet is guided by a scope inserted through the anus. All of this is done under general anesthesia.

For me the urinary BPH systems were completely cured and ejaculation was maintained at exactly the same level as before the surgery. My PSA is now at 2.0, it was over 7 before the surgery. Win Win.

I was on Tamsulosin for a while a few years before the aquablation. I hated the retrograde ejaculation, and I found it got worse as I stayed on the drug. Fortunately the ejaculations got back to normal after I stopped taking the drug. Now, since the aquablation surgery I have no adverse urinary symptoms, no trouble getting and maintaining erections, and I can ejaculate a decent load at least once a day.

I’m 67 years old.

Good luck. Great news that you are cancer free, but I wanted to share that there are treatments for the benign symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate, without compromising sexual function.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

YAY! Good news!

XOXO

Xersex said...

happy it was no cancer!