Friday, September 6, 2019

Nothing But Gain

More frequent ejaculation lowers the risk of prostate cancer. Now, researchers are looking at age combined with frequency. That the risk increases with age is no secret. It's also an accepted trope that if a man lives long enough, he will develop prostate cancer though it won't be the cause of his death.
Now there's a question of frequency combined with age. Does it make a difference if you're over 50 and you regularly flush out the pipes, as opposed to continuing the teen years habits all along?

One study says, yes. Another says no. This Healthline article, "Does Frequent Ejaculation...," explains what's going on in the halls of research. Though, the bottom line makes sense.


"Sex and masturbation are good for you in many ways. They can reduce stress and contribute to a healthy heart. Most men fall asleep more quickly and sleep more deeply after sex. And, frequent ejaculation may well give you some protection against prostate cancer, especially if you’re age 50 or older."


But, I think most men would happily follow the 21-times per month regimen regardless of their age.


I mean, why not? What's to be derived from it but gain?

8 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Not to mention a lot of fun!

Adam said...

While I understand some men benefit from regular, frequent ejaculation, I have found it best to follow my body's messages in terms of frequency. Even as a teen, I was jacking only about twice a week on average. I've known men who were/are daily jackers. I just have always needed a longer refractory period, I suppose, and that's been fine.

Now in my 60's and retired (with more free time), I feel the horniness growing. I still find I prefer a day or two between ejaculations, but I'm averaging 3-4 times a week and enjoying it. For me, the bottom line is: follow your body's own messages as to the frequency that's right for you.

Xersex said...

the prostate, with frequent ejaculations, makes gym and does not allow the sperm to remain stagnant. So it's really likely it avoids cancer.

JeanWM said...

Dorian is flying up the coast and the electricity still on! Have a good weekend. Hugs and bisous.

Fullmoonma said...

There's such a thing as too much ejaculation - you get into a state where your body has lost too much erotic charge. Some tantric texts say that after age 50 or 60 you should never ejaculate! Listen to your body. My 76 yo body tells me to ejaculate once every 3 weeks to live a fully charged life as much as possible.

Xersex said...

some men lose their libido and they would never ejaculate. Others never lose it and would have sex ejaculating frequently, even at 80 years of age. I think it depends on everyone!

JiEL said...

I had a vasectomy in 1983 (I'm 68yo) and always did masturbate and have sex as often as I can.
No prostate cancer in view and I'm sure that it's not a question of «emptying» our balls because my sperm is taking care of in another way.

It's all about ejaculation, prostate «gym» and seminal gland stuff.

My 88yo father died and he had prostate cancer but that wasn't the cause of the death. His kidneys stopped working and the consequence was a heart poisoning that happened in 2 weeks.

So all those theories about prostate cancer just depends on each man and their health condition no matter age.

Anonymous said...

@Fullmoonma: Tantric texts also say semen is made from blood, and even provide an exchange rate.

TBH, I've found most sexperts decidedly underwhelming.

That aside, I remember when I first heard about ejaculation and prostate cancer. I was in my early 20s, so I was masturbating several times a day already. (I even had a small number of jerk bros, guys I would masturbate with and do other things, but no oral or anal because we simply weren't into that.) Suffice to say, my question was how much to cut back.