Friday, September 27, 2024

Calendars?

 

Good morning.

A request from Faithful Reader Rad:


"I got a marketing question for you and your readers.  Many years ago, you pointed me to "The Naked Rugby Players" (TNRP) for their annual calendar.  TNRP did a lot of advocacy for testicular cancer, and the proceeds from their calendars went to UK cancer awareness programs. Loved it for the several years they were in production; I got a wall calendar of men who, well, looked like me. I little doughy, thick, hairy, etc.  Love the altruistic nature of the calendar and I felt good leaving it up when prudish visitors would gaze in horror at the cheekily naked men on my home office wall.  I got to educate them on WHAT TNRP was and WHY I proudly hung the calendar up. Well, the production house seems to have gone casters up since 2023.  No 2024 calendar and no hint of a 2025 calendar.

     I really like provocative calendars with a purpose.  Not into the "plasticize / posed" stuff you get from Colt or other hard core providers.  So question: Can you or your readers recommend a calendar along the lines of the TNRP?  I looked at the site for "Broadway Bares" (AIDS awareness), but they have nothing."




I think the guy to answer this one is Larry from the Unashamed Male blog. I believe he's done a series of calendars - one particular from Australia - featuring "regular joes" to raise awareness for worthy causes.
Anyone else have resources?






We're expecting the temp to hit 105° today. The pool just might warm back up enough to get in.




Happy Friday!

No comments: