Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Next Few Days

 

It's that time of year again, when we spend the next few days watching all the Oscar nominated films. We always try to squeeze in films with nominated performances if they didn't receive a Best Picture nom. Then we watch the Oscar telecast with our prediction votes. Of course, the movie theatre isn't doing the Best Picture Showcase again this year due to COVID. So, we'll be watching at home.








But for the first time in two years, our out-of-town friend will join us for the festivities. Consequently, I will be taking time off from blogging. I should be back on Monday.

Have a wonderful rest of the week. 





And a terrific weekend.

13 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Enjoy your time off!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Yay for visitors!
And I think I'll watch the Oscars. Still not sure. I've been watching some of the movies that have been nominated though...
And that first gentleman? Yes, please. I'd come sit on his lap to watch a movie or two...

XOXO

William said...

Enjoy. Thanks for the heads up.

Mistress Maddie said...

The boy with the blue Adais cap looks like he could be the lad when he's here watching tv. And this lad's "cup" looks close to running over and out.

Oscars? I probably won't watch, I never do.

JeanWM said...

And by the time you get back, I will have watched "Don't Look Up". Billed as a Comedy/Disaster. Hmmm.........Have a good weekend.
Hugs and bisous.

uptonking said...

Super Jell. But what a wonderful way to spend a few afternoons and evenings. Enjoy. I don't care much about the Oscars anymore. I can tell you all about who one up until about 1980-something. Then, after that? I stopped caring and now I don't watch any awards shows. They're silly nonsense. I remember being aghast that Garbo and those of her ilk refused to attend such things - but now I get it. It's really a meaningless distraction. I'd rather write my blog. :) Have fun with your friend!!!

Hot guys said...

Yup, it's the time for The Oscars again 🙂

First Netflix guy > > >

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your friend...and happy movie watching!

BatRedneck said...

I've never been much into these awards shows, just as I tend to stay away from critics prior to watching a movie/series.
Anyway, have yourselves a wonderful weekend!

Your French Patrick said...

I'll be surely back on Monday me too if not sooner.

whkattk said...

@ MFP - Thank goodness! Hugs and bisous!!!

whkattk said...

@ Six - And what a telecast, eh? An Oscar night that will not be forgotten. XOXO

whkattk said...

@ Jean - And what did you think of "Don't Look Up"? Hugs and bisous.