Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Allergies Part II

 

Well, it appears Blogger is at it again. It seems I'm unable to leave comments at some blogs. Six's, for instance, would only allow me to leave it as Anonymous; every other option was greyed out. Gabriel's won't allow me to comment at all - just keeps sending me in circles telling me to "Sign in to Google" when, obviously, I'm already signed in. Larry's required me to use my name and the UR for this blog. Xersex's treated me the same. Oy. 

When researching Friday's post on semen allergy, it led me to even more weirdness on the subject.

Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrom (POIS) can affect some people in even more insidious ways. Whereas we can become allergic to our own or someone else's cum, these symptoms are strictly of our own body's reaction to the orgasm --- whether our skin is in direct contact with cum or not. According to the POIS report at NIH-National Library of Medicine, the symptoms can cause men to avoid even masturbation.

Patients with POIS "reported a rapid onset of flu-like symptoms, such as feverishness, extreme fatigue, and burning eyes after ejaculation followed by more cognitive disturbances such as concentration difficulties and particularly an irritated mood (). These symptoms disappeared after 3 to 7 days. However, all these complaints returned in the same severity after they ejaculated again. As a result, they refrained from sexual activity in order to avoid to becoming ill again. "



The rapid onset of symptoms led researchers to suspect an immunological problem.

"As the symptoms of POIS occurred rather immediately after ejaculation Waldinger and Schweitzer () postulated that POIS was caused by an immunological process, as only the immune system is capable of inducing very rapid and serious physical and mental symptoms."




Though there is no cure, there appears to be available treatment. According to Science Direct (citing the above report),

"Treatment recommendations have included antihistamines, benzodiazepines, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and CNS stimulants."

They then expounded:

"We here report a new successful treatment of POIS by raising the serum testosterone ... via subcutaneous injections of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)." 

Or, just like treating the skin allergy: Injections of semen. But the only drawback here is the treatment must continue or symptoms will return.




No one wants to be miserable after an orgasm. And not ejaculating increases the risk of prostate cancer.
If you experience any of the above symptoms after sex, go see your doctor.
And get back to the happy place.


20 comments:

Hooter from Owls Rest said...

So much about our own bodies most of us don't understand. Thank you for helping to make us more aware of the amazing bodies we have and the different problems that can occur.

Big Dude said...

I have to commend you for running a men's blog that covers important male issues like this, and the reminders for us to check our nuts once a month. It's always good to see dicks, scrotes, and naked men sporting hard peters. But it's good to see a man who brings up important male issues, too. Thanks!

Xersex said...

there must be some problems on blog!!

William said...

Not affected, but sure appreciate all of your research. Thanks.

whkattk said...

@ Big Dude - There are tons and tons of blogs and websites where one can get all the photos they want of naked guys sporting boners. I was doing some research for a buddy's play and realized how little we men really know about our cocks and balls and how everything functions and what can and does go wrong. The more I learned, the more I realized I should be sharing the information. It all went hand in hand with the shame instilled in us as young men. Men shouldn't be ashamed of their genitals or the natural function.

whkattk said...

@ Hooter - SO much we guys have so little information on or understanding about. Getting information to people (women, too!) and helping them to shed the shame and embarrassment is my continuing goal.

whkattk said...

@ Xersex - Most likely. I can see they altered the comment plug-ins again. Every time they make "improvements," it messes things up.

whkattk said...

@ William - Just think: Some day you may run into a dude who's having issues and you might make a suggestion that helps him. 😊

Your French Patrick said...

As regards Gabriel's blog it's normal if you have accidentally unplug from Google. And also if you have used another browser than the one you were connected.

Hugs and bisous, my darlings jean and Pat.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Blogger is acting up and I'm gonna slap a bitch.
Your blog and Bob's comments are as they were before, but others have changed. Mine changed too, but only on my iPad. Who knew?
And I would be DEVASTATED if I'd become allergic to semen. Totally wrecked.

XOXO

JeanWM said...

We all have certainly learned how complicated the human body is. And the big message I get from the blog is no one needs to suffer in silence. Go see your doctor and share what you know, they don't know everything either. Hugs and bisous.

uptonking said...

Going to my happy place now. It's behind the furnace, which is where I would hide in the event of a home invasion.

It's okay.

They know me there.

Kizzes.

Oh, and most of the blogs now have some different program to leave comments. Not yours. I think mine has the old one, too. No problem with sixpence's.

Mistress Maddie said...

See what happens when Im gone! All shit breaks loose! I have had the same issues and not all blogs have that odd looking comment box either so I have no idea what is going on. I too have had trouble with commenting or it is anon when Im too signed in.

I finally get some free time and I have this shit to deal with. This keeps up, I'm hanging it up.

SickoRicko said...

Regarding your Blogger comment problem: I had that same issue several months ago and switched from Safari to Firefox when visiting other blogs. That did the trick.

whkattk said...

@ Maddie - It's turning into a real cluster-fuck. Every time some computer geek decides to "improve" software.... Yep, me too, I think. Blogger's bullshit is getting to be too tedious.

Xersex said...

me ttoo, I see (or not see) some comments of mine eaten!

whkattk said...

@ Rick - Thanks. Maybe I'll try Firefox.

whkattk said...

@ Xersex - It seems to happen with comment widgets that are an integrated part of the Blog Theme being used. I sure hope this gets straightened out.

Anonymous said...

Men are far more than simply dicks and nuts and it is so sad that many think that is all there is to sexual enjoyment or health (hint prostate, anus, and nipples to mention but a few).

Most men have not leveraged their full erotic potential and very few are spreading the word.

Even boys, before their bodies can ejaculate, can experience orgasms, yet we don't facilitate them all learning about their potential. Some don't even learn about masturbation and many never learn about what other parts of the anatomy can be sexually rewarding.

Anonymous said...

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix these problems, please let me know.